Local SEO Strategies Any Small Business Can Use Now
Why You Need to Consider Local SEO Strategies
Many small businesses have a brick-and-mortar location such as a retail store, restaurant, or office. And as a local business you of course hope to attract local consumers. So how exactly can you go about that? One very effective way is to focus on local SEO strategies to improve your local search results.
Getting found by your local target audience involves a process called local SEO. Just like there are things you can do to make search engines rank your website higher there are things you can do to tell search engines all about your local business! For those of you new to this here is how local SEO works.
50% of consumers who conducted a search on their smartphone, and 34% who searched on a tablet visited a store within 24 hours! Business 2 Community
Optimizing Your Website for Local SEO
Before you can really benefit from local SEO strategies for your business you first need to make sure that your online presence is optimized. Unfortunately many websites we come across are lacking essential elements, which prevent them from implementing any of these local SEO strategies. If you are new to local SEO this infographic from Sonic Boom will help you understand what you must do to succeed at local SEO.
Infographic courtesy of Solar Boom
52 Local SEO Strategies
This article from Search Engine Journal lists 52 things you can do to attract and convert local consumers. Some of the things you must do include:
- Optimizing local listings and citations
- Optimizing your website and its content – Check out our guide to creating SEO-friendly content
- Working on and optimizing the links to your website – Here is a local SEO checklist to get you started
Read the article and learn how SMBs like you get started with local SEO. It also provides more resources and directories for listing your local business.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Local SEO
By now you will have a much better understanding of what you must do to make sure you actually succeed implementing your own local SEO strategies. But if you believe that is all there is I must disappoint you! You are actually just at the tip of the iceberg with local SEO strategies. This infographic from Pickaweb will outline all the other local SEO strategies you can implement. Take a look; there has to be something that works for you!
Infographic courtesy of Pickaweb
Additional SEO Resources You May Want To Check
If you are new to SEO, or simply want a better understanding of how search engine optimization works and how you can apply it to your digital marketing strategy you may want to check out these posts from our blog:
- 13 Tips For Creating SEO-Friendly Images That Your Human Visitors Will Appreciate as Well!
- Everything You Need to Know About SEO in 2018 and Beyond
- If You Ever Wondered What Google Considers to Be a Quality Website Here is Your Chance to Find Out!
- 9 SEO Basics to Grow Your Small Business
- WordPress SEO Tips for Small Business Websites
- Key SEO Considerations for Website Redesign
- Web Designer’s SEO Guide – How to Improve Search Ranking
- Finding the Best SEO Service Provider – 6 Things to Consider
- A Guide for Creating SEO-Friendly Content
- 52 Local SEO Strategies Any Business Can Implement
- 11 Local SEO Tips to Get Your Business Noticed
Other SEO Tools
If you are interested in doing your own SEO you can save a lot of time by using professional SEO tools. While there is an almost endless variety of free and premium tools available many of them are of questionable use. Part of our SEO tips is to use industry-standard tools like these:
- SEMRush – Advanced SEO Tool
- MozPro – A Leading SEO Tool
- Ahrefs – Competitor Research Tools and Backlinks Checker
- Google Analytics – The Industry Standard for Web Analytics
- SE Ranking – All-in-One SEO Software
Here at the highly caffeinated agency we use all of the above on a daily basis. We know and trust them, and so should you. If you have any questions or need some additional info please feel free to reach out to us!
We Can Help You With Local SEO Strategies
Of course, you can save yourself a lot of time and trouble and have our team help you implement these local SEO strategies for your small business. Small business and local SEO are one of our specialties, after all! As a leading SEO agency we are experts at creating websites and search strategies that do better on Google and Bing.
And if you are still not sure about how local SEO strategies will benefit your small business, don’t worry! Simply reach out and contact us. Our expert team will listen to you, answer your questions, and make sure that your small business has all the local SEO basics covered.
Are You Getting Found by Local Consumers?
Do you have anything to add to these local SEO strategies? Feel free to add your comments below so our audience can share in the fun, and grab our feed so you don’t miss our next post! And feel free to share these local SEO tips with your audience!
Now, there are consumers looking for businesses just like yours. Will they find you?